Return policy and our guarantee
If for any reason you are not satisfied with our product, please feel free to contact us and let us know either by email or phone. Please do not, however, return the product. We will either send you a new shipment or make due by some other means. Our guarantee that you will enjoy the finest quality beef is complete, and our family name is our assurance that we will make it right.
- Place all items in the freezer upon arrival. Freezer life of one year but please have a party soon and order again!
- All items individually cryovaced and fresh / frozen.
- We use Re-usable styrafoam shipping containers with thermal liners and gel packs.
- For gifts a greeting card is included.
- Each shipment has cooking and handling suggestions included.
- Orders to Canada need to be 10 lb orders for personal consumption. Therefore no export documents.
- If know one answers the phone leave a message or send an e-mail and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- All shipping via FedEx Free second Day Standard Overnight is $25. Saturday delivery available for many areas.
- We try to get the orders out ASAP. The FedEx truck arrives at 1:30 PM CDT
Taken from the sirloin, this French cut gives the Wagyu steak an exceptionally soft and sweet flavor. Since the Morgan Wagyu (Kobe) coulette steak is bit leaner in its makeup, its subtle, pleasant flavor makes it great for serving either carved as medallions or whole as a Chateaubriand.
Like the poet of the same name, this cut is the epitome of smoothness and richness. A mild to medium-bodied Merlot or Chianti perfectly compliments this profound cut.
Coulette Cooking instructions: A perfect party piece, nearly every time.
Your coulette will come two to a bag, for best results defrost overnight in the refrigerator, or for about 3 hours in ice water. The two pieces can be separated once partially thawed and if you only want to use one, the other can be safely re-frozen.
One side of the coulette has a layer of "silver skin" that has been left on. This protects the meat during freezing but it will eat better if you remove this part.
To remove just slide your knife under one corner and peal it back with your knife between the skin and the meat.
The sliver skin will come right off and you can either save this for stock, or discard.
Season with your favorite spice mix. A bit of sea salt and fresh ground pepper are really all you need. Then allow the meat to sit at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes as you pre-heat the grill. Bringing the meat up to room temperature before you cook it will allow it to cook more evenly.
Place the coulette on the grill with the fat side up so the juices are absorbed into the meat. Cook over indirect heat with the lid closed for about 20 - 30 minutes for medium rare.
Finish up on the grill by searing the outside with high heat, then allow the roast to rest for at least 10 minutes. This will give the meat time to re-absorb the juices that the heat was trying to force out. If you carve too early all of the juices will end up on the cutting board instead of in your mouth!
Carve across the grain for one of the most tender, flavorful feeds you'll ever have!